5.02.2012

Perfectly Polished Tips 232 - Bare Naked Nail Challenge Wrap Up

For the last ten weeks I have been using an array of ASK Cosmetics nail products. The main one is TIPS for Toes. It is supposed to help with weak, brittle, and peeling nails. You can check out what nails looked like prior to applying TIPS for Toes here.

I think I have finally reached a breakthrough with the challenge. I had been disappointed because I could not let my nails get any length. They would chip or break almost instantly. I have been filing daily but not filing down length. I've made it a little over a week with NO breaks or chipping. I am not pleased with the state of my cuticles, I think they need more moisture than what TIPS for Toes and the Skin Milk offer. I am happy about the length but to be honest I don't know if I will keep it.

The peeling I had on my thumbs at the beginning of the challenge is gone. I still have the damage on my ring finger but it's no longer causing the nail to split at the tip.

Before   Week 4  Week 8
Week 1 Week 5  Week 9
Week 2 Week 6
Week 3 Week 7

Left Hand - I have a nasty cut on my ring finger and thought I would spare the internet from having to look at it.

Left Ring Finger

Left Thumb

Right Hand

Right Thumb

Here is a photo comparing my right thumbs. The larger picture is the before and the smaller is week 10.


All in all I am pleased with the results that I got using TIPS for Toes. I wish that I had better results in the cuticle department but now that the challenge is over I can go back to using my beloved Badger Balm. I plan to continue using the product until it runs out, I am hopeful that it will continue to help the damage on my ring finger.

I really enjoyed participating in the Bare Naked Nail challenge but I am very happy to go back to constant polish wearing. Not being able to wear it really gave me a new found appreciation for my nail polish stash. I had been neglecting a majority of for a long while. :)

No comments: