6.25.2009

Perfectly Polished Tips 139 - Zularis Naturals

A few months ago Penny, the creator of Zularis Natural products sent me an awesome kit for DIY manicures and pedicures. I've been making time every few weeks to use the products and I am very impressed with them. Penny's signature scent is so soothing and pleasant. On her website is says it is a mix of "essential oil blend that includes lemon, bergamot, lavandin, frankincense and myrrh; fragrance." Although it smells nice it does not linger. This is important to me because I usually use hand and foot products before bed and I hate having a smell lingering around on my finger tips. My kit came with : Intensive Repair Cuticle Oil, Soothing Milk Soak, Hand and Foot Scrub, Hand and Body Rub and bottle of Pumpkin Spice (I believe that was the name) Lotion. A callous reducer/foot file, and emery boards as well as instructions.

The Soothing Milk Soak is wonderful on sore, swollen feet. I am 6 months pregnant now and I never thought sticking my feet into a tub of warm water and this soak would feel like heaven. I like to soak for about 10 to 15 minutes, or really as long as my 3 year old allows before needing something. It softens my feet too which is always a plus. I have not used this on my hands yet but it can be used either way. It comes with a conveient scoop too.

The Hand and Foot Scrub does wonders on dry skin, especially dry heels. I will admit that I have not been taking the best care of my feet and have only done a few real pedicures since flip flop season has began. This scrub improved my heels 100% with just one use. It contains a couple of different oils which left my feet not only feeling soft but refreshed as well. I believe I have the Passionfruit Paypa scent, again it's a nice light scent, not over powering, and it does not linger for too long. Penny has 3 different seasonal scents up on her website right now, Passionfruit Paypa is the only one I've tried in addition to her signature scent.

At first I was a little confused about how to use the Hand and Body Rub. It comes in a jar but it is solid, it's not like regular lotion where you can stick your hand in a pull some out. It takes a bit to soften it up and get it on to your skin. I like to use it on my heels, elbows, knees and cuticles. I have a small tub of the Passionfruit Papya and I like to use it on my cuticles. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave a greasy residue.

The Aloe and Shea Butter lotion is really great however I was not a fan of the Pumpkin Spice scent that came in my kit. I'm not too sure what it was about the scent that I did not like, it was spicy but sweet at the same time. Maybe it was just my hormones doing the complaining. Putting the scent aside the lotion was very moisturizing but not greasy. This is really important to me because I hate having to wait forever for a lotion to soak in. That really puts me off from a moisturizer.

I love the Intensive Repair Cuticle Oil, even though I haven't been taking the best care of my nails this oil makes them look almost decent after a couple of uses. My finger tips are always really dry, no matter how often I lotion but this oil helps keep them smooth. You only need one drop for each finger and you're good to go. It's also supposed to be beneficial for nails that peel and/or break easily.

These products have made my pedicure routine much more enjoyable. My favorite part about the line is that it's made from all natural ingredients. This has become very important to me as pregnancy has decided to make my skin sensitive to almost every product out there. I've had to change not only manicure products but hair and skin products as well. It's probably worth it in the long run though. The instructions that came with the kit were very informative, especially if you are just starting out. I will admit though that I have not used the foot file, I'm intimidated by it.

You can check out Zularis Naturals at ZularisNaturals.com and Penny has a blog which can be found here.

No comments: