10.23.2008

Perfectly Polished Tips 81 - Essie Jewel

Essie Jewel is from the Cruise Control collection which I believe came out in 2005. It's a pretty fuchsia with a mix of pink, purple, and maybe a bit of blue shimmer. My camera never catches the shimmer well, maybe it's an operator error though. This swatch is two coats of color over Sally Hansen Hydrating base coat and topped with INM Out the Door.

Essie polishes are hit and miss with me, they have some gorgeous colors but sometimes the wear isn't so good. I did this manicure last night and so far I'm still good. This color has been unworn in my stash for over a year. When I first got into nail polish I chose all shades of pink with shimmer because that's all I wore at the time. Then I moved on to cremes so all the shimmers got left behind. Then I discovered the beauty of blue polish. However this color really is pretty, in the sunlight it is so rich and full of shimmer. I'm glad I finally got around to using it!

I am hoping to make it through all of my untrieds by the end of the year. I haven't taken a count recently so I'm not sure how many I have. I used Random.org's integer generator to choose this color. I have an excel spread sheet and this was lucky number 166. I'm going to continue doing this for every manicure and pedicure until I have no more untrieds!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Very scientific method for your untrieds ;)

Can't wait to see them all