9.08.2008

Perfectly Polished Tips 31 - Lippmann Collection for Fall

Before I start I just want to apologize for the messiness of these swatches. From wearing so many vampies I have a stain on my middle finger which is very apparent in these. I was rushing because I had a couple of free minutes, but then my two year old joined in. So it was a race to get the polish on & photographed before he could get his fingers in. I will take better pictures of these soon, I just wanted to share them.


(l-r) Rhapsody in White, Stop & Stare, Pump Up the Jam, Fade to Black

from Lippmann- "The quick drying formulas contain Green Tea Extracts and Protein Building Biotin, which work together to give you strong, healthy nails."

I had no idea what the polishes contained but honestly these polishes are my favorite. I wish they had a few funkier colors. Maybe more shimmery blues, purples, and greens. I am still dying to get my hands on last spring's collection. One day! On to the pictures, each is two coats with no base or top coat.


Rhapsody in White
A frost white that pays tribute to the 60's with it's retro look. Named for Love Unlimited Orchestra's classic song, Rhapsody in White is truly a far out color.

This is a pretty color, I don't like the visible brush strokes though. I believe if you put a coat of quick dry top coat on as a base coat it is suppose to cure that. I have yet to try it though. The picture is pretty true to life, it's a white with a little bit of silver.


Stop and Stare
A strikingly vibrant red inspired by the rich colors seen on the runways. Named for OneRepublic's chart-topping tune, the gorgeous hue will become your fall staple.

This picture sucks and again I apologize. This polish is much more pink my camera kind of made it have an orange undertone. This is two coats and I still have a VPL, since it's a jelly I think the VPL will be there no matter what. This reminds me of Lippmann's I Want Candy, I'm going to have to compare the two.


Fade to Black
The perfect little black polis that made its runway debut at the Zac Posen fall show. The lacquered shine makes this nail color stand apart from the rest and is named for the Dire Straits tune that Deborah Lippmann covered on her Vinyl album.

This is my favorite color from the collection. I know you are probably saying it's just black. That it may be but wearing it just made me feel chic and sexy. It's a one coater which I always love and is so glossy even before applying a top coat. I have had other black cremes but I always shyed away from wearing them in fear of being "goth". I didn't feel goth at all when wearing this polish. I love that these fall collections are really making me branch out.


Pump Up the Jam
A shimmery version of fall's hottest hue, purple, named for the difinitive party hit.

This picture is pretty bad too, it is more purple in real life. It's very blackened with a hint of brown which makes it difficult to even see that it is purple. I was lemming this all summer but when I finally got it and put it on I was dissapointed. I'm not too sure what I expected but this was not it. Maybe I can tweak it a bit. This polish too was a one coater and it does contain some awesome shimmer.

Lippmann Collection retail for $15 and can be found at Barney's New York, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Bath and Body Works Flagship stores, or online at www.lippmanncollection.com.

special thanks to Lippmann Collection

No comments: