9.01.2008

Perfectly Polished Tips 25 - Color Club Dance to the Musique


This is Color Clubs second fall collection. It is full of deep, highly pigmented shimmery goodness. All of these polished applied beautifully and are each full of gorgeous shimmer. I was very impressed with the color choices for this collection. Each of my swatches are two coats of color - no base coat or top coat. So far I've only worn Groove Thang and it wore well as usual for Color Club.


After Hours is a lovely smoldering grey, this picture didn't capture the shimmer well but it's there. I like this because the shimmer is silver only, it doesn't change like Lippmann's Hit Me With Your Best Shot.


This is my favorite of the bunch. For some reason I'm on a big purple kick lately and this fits the craving perfectly. It glows and has some pink shimmer which my camera did not pick up. I have a feeling that I will be reaching for this one a lot.


Feel the Beat is a nice pumpkin-y orange with pink shimmer. I'm not an orange wearer, I don't know if I can pull this off but this one might be saved for toes only. Please excuse the smudged pinky.


Groove Thang is another favorite. It's a dark blackened purple with shimmer. It was really hard for me to capture the color. I must have taken over 100 pictures and even in full sunlight I wasn't able to get it. In this picture you can kinda see the color.


Slow Jam is my least favorite. It's a nice brown/berry color with gold shimmer. I'm just not a brown wearer. It is very lovely for fall though.


Velvet Rope is a orangy red with fine gold shimmer. I am on the fence about all shimmery reds, sometimes I love them, others not so much. I much perfer a vampy red creme, or something along the lines of OPI Got the Blues for Red.

Another winning collection from Color Club in my opinion. I am in love with a lot of the fall colors that were put out this year. This collection will not dissapoint! It also came with Vitabase base coat, I've only used it once so far, so that review is for another day!

Special thanks to Color Club.

No comments: