7.26.2012

Perfectly Polished Tips 245 - NOTD Happy Hands Springs

Happy Hands Nail Polish is a new to me brand and I must say I am impressed! I will be completely honest, when this whole indie nail polish thing exploded I was skeptical. I mean how how many combinations of glitter can be thrown in a bottle? I take it back, after interacting with several indie owners I see that so much goes into. They are all so passionate about their polish. I have been browsing many new to me brands and Etsy and am constantly saying "Ohhhh!! I need that!"

The first collection to make it's debut from Happy Hands was called Greetings From Florida which is where the owner/creator is from. It was made up of four gorgeous polishes. Only one of them really called to me though, of course it was in the teal family.

Springs is a turquoise jelly with small aqua hexes, medium greenish hexes, and holographic hexes; I think I had a couple of squares in my bottle as well. The small hexes really give it so much depth. I didn't have to fish for the larger hexes either! I am not great at applying glitters I will say. I have tried to perfect the dabbing method, I have watched several youtube videos as well. Ah, I guess I will get it one day. Aside from my application needing work the formula on Springs was awesome, I believe that it should be opaque on it's own in 2-3 coats. I layered it though because with jelly polish I tend to make a mess. I get lumpy, squishy areas on my nails and usually I end up picking it off. I didn't want to do that!

Here is two coats of Springs layered over one coat of China Glaze For Audrey



Happy Hands Nail Polishes retails for $8 per bottle and can be found on Etsy. Restocks happen every SATURDAY at 5PM. You can also check out Happy Hands on facebook.

No comments: