7.19.2012

Perfectly Polished Tips 244 - NOTD Lush Lacquer Golden Goddess

Lush Lacquer is a new to me brand. It is an indie brand created by a mother daughter team :) I have been lemming OPI Dazzled by Gold FOREVER. It came out when I did not have access to Ulta and being that I am picky about gold on my skin I didn't try very hard to get it. Then of course I *needed* it and it was too late. I chose Gold Goddess in hopes of taking my mind off of Dazzled by Gold.

I love the color of this polish, it is on the cooler side and not too yellow. The formula was great, I did have an issue with the silver hex glitter. The etsy listing does say that you may have to fish for the hexes, which I thought meant that if you wanted AOT hexes on your nails then you would have to fish. Well I didn't get any hexes on my nails with just the brush. I tried tipping the bottle upside down, rolling it, shaking it. I eventually ended up sticking an orange stick in there and picking them off the stick with the brush. It was a pain and although I adore my manicure I don't know if I want to have to do that every single time I want to wear it. I don't know that this is the case with all of their polish and to be quite honest I probably would purchase another color if they had something I wanted.

For my NOTD I layered two coats of Golden Goddess over one coat of Orly Luxe

Sunlight

outdoors


I purchased Golden Goddess from Lush Lacquer's Etsy shop. They retail for $8.75 each and I believe shipping was $3 or so. It seems that they make the polish as the orders come in so there is a wait time. I think it took almost two weeks for me to receive the polish, so if you are not the patient type I would skip Lush Lacquer.

No comments: