7.08.2009

Perfectly Polished Tips 141 - Zoya Ooh-La-La

Zoya released two great collections for the summer season. Ooh-La-La is a set of 6 metallic polishes. I really like that this collection is made up of 6 different colors. I've noticed that Zoya usually does a berry pink and a red shade that are so similar to one another and puts them in the same collection. I was relieved to see 6 unique colors, and to be honest no berry pinks! I don't know if it is because I haven't been polishing my nails as often or if Zoya changed something in their formula but all of these applied like a dream. Most times metallic polishes end up full of very visible brush stroke marks and I expected Goldie and Emme to be tricky, they went on smoothly though. Each were two coaters, except Ginessa, she could have been but I went with three.


Ginessa - a metallic frosty white, reminds me of snow flakes.


Goldie - metallic yellow gold, as I've probably mentioned before I love golds but they don't love me. I think it's because this one is so yellow and I haven't branched out to wearing yellow yet.


Emme - soft pink. I usually don't go for baby pinks or metallics but my stash houses quite a few of these now.


Katy - metallic pinky purple, althought the photo doesn't show it the shimmer is there!


Tallulah - metallic medium blue and my favorite from this collection. It's such a happy and fun color.


Midori - metallic apple green. To me this was the most unique shade in this collection. I don't love green but I think it's a really pretty polish, the gold shimmer really brightens it up.

Ooh-La-La is currently available at Zoya.com, each polish retails for $6 or you can purchase the whole collection for $36,

1 comment:

Lucy said...

I have both of these collections. I like Midori alot. Zoya makes some really nice polishes.