2.03.2009

Perfectly Polished Tips 128 - Sephora by OPI On Stage

First please let me apologize for my lack of posting. I have been busy with school and mostly just lazy with my nails. I have a ton of photos to share, I just need to edit them and get them posted! I am working on it and will have new stuff up by the weekend for sure.



Here is a recent NOTD of mine. Sephora by OPI On Stage. I really love this brand of polishes, they are nothing like OPI's main brand. I haven't used Sephora's brand before so I can't compare there. They apply wonderfully, no crazy thick or too runny formula. The best part is the brush is a normal size. I know a lot of people love OPI's Pro Wide brushes but I hate them. I have small nail beds and I make a terrible mess every time I use one. On Stage is a smokey purple but more purple than smokey. I wasn't really in love with it, in most lights it looked like dirty dish water on me. I only did two coats and have a (hopeful) suspicion that it will look nicer with three coats of color. Sephora by OPI also has great staying power and durability.

I have also been trying out a new base coat. European Secrets Rock Hard base coat, it can be found at Sally Beauty. It is a nail hardener, so it can be used alone or over polish. The directions are basically the same as Nail Tek, apply one coat and reapply daily for one week, remove, and start over. I'm just using it as a base coat and so far so good. My nails aren't peeling anymore and I think it's helping prevent staining. If you are looking for a new base coat to try this is a good one. I believe Sally's has it on sale right now as a Buy One Get One, but I think you have to buy the top coat to get the base. I haven't tried the top coat out though so I don't know how well it works.

1 comment:

ImperialSkin said...

Thanks for these Tips and great detail on the products to use.