12.05.2008

Perfectly Polished Tips 117 - China Glaze Operation Color

I'm kinda late to the party with this collection. It's still fall though! China Glaze released Operation Color for fall 2008. I personally felt like these colors would have been more appropriate for a spring collection but I really like them. As I've mentioned before I love almost every polish with a creme finish. Combine that with hues of blues and purples and I'm hooked. I didn't have any application with these polishes and even though my pictures show two coats of color I have a visible polish line, so in the future I would use three coats of color.


Secret Peri-wink-le is a pastel periwinkle creme. The color shown in the photo is pretty true to life.


Agent Lavender is a delicate lilac creme. I hate how my camera likes to assume anything light colored is white. The color is more intense and less blue. Every since I wore Zoya Miley I fell in love with all lavender and lilac colors. They are so clean and lady like.


Pink Underground is a pepto bismal-y pink with subtle pink shimmer. A year ago I would have been all over a color like this now not so much. Believe it or not though I don't have anything similar in my stash.


Here is Pink Underground with flash to show the subtle shimmer.


Revolution is a tomato red creme. I had to alter it a bit to actually make it look like the polish. The picture is pretty close, it's a bit brighter in real life. This red applied very nicely but I just don't do red as much as I used too.

This collection has two more colors as well; Code Orange, and Golden Opportunity. I don't do yellow or orange so I don't have those to show you. I know a lot of the other blogs have posted swatches though so you should be able to find them easily if you're curious!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with creme shades myself and I have to say that my revolution isn't as muted as the one you've pictured. It was ALOT redder, and not really one of those Reds with a blue base (think OPI "Thrill of Brazil" types).

-Geri

Inge said...

Wow, Revolution looks perfect on you. I have been considering getting it. I hope it will look as good on me :)

Brooke said...

I love the first two colors. I'm on a lavendar kick lately.