11.18.2008

Perfectly Polished Tips 105 - Amour Black Berry

I am working through the untried polishes in my stash. At first I was going to use Random.org's integer generator but it kept choosing colors I had already worn and I wasn't about to make a new spread sheet for my unworn polishes. So I decided I would go in alphabetical order by brand. I'll be doing ones I haven't photographed on tips and those that have been swatched but not worn on my toes. First up Amour Black Berry



This color doesn't look like a black berry at all. It's a coppery, redish brown with gold shimmer. I don't like it at all and it will probably be removed once I am finished with this post. The first coat went on a deep berry color so I thought I might like it but once I saw it under my bulbs I said no way. I was really going to try to stick it out but I just don't think it's for me.



It applied beautifully though, it was opaque in two coats and I didn't have an issue with streaking. I did three coats because all of the sudden I have become a habitual three coater. The brush is nice, not too wide, and it's not super long or short. I had good control over it. It dried very quickly with the help of Out the Door. I would definitely buy this brand of polish but just not this color.

I did some Googling and couldn't find anything on the company but Transdesign.com sells them for $1.99 and it seems like they have some good color choices.

No comments: