10.29.2008

Perfectly Polished Tips 87 - Zoya Flourish

Zoya Flourish is new for Winter 08/09. It is a whole collection of rich colors with a foil finish. I have become a huge fan of the foil finish as I mentioned in previous posts. This collection isn't filled with colors that strike me as winter colors but more of spring-ish colors. I think the mettalicness and foilness make up for that though. They applied great with the exception of Shivon, I had a lot of brush marks which are pretty visible in the picture. All of the colors are pretty opaque, my swatches are all 2 coats of color, a couple like Zara will probably benefit from a third coat.


Richelle is a beautiful yellow gold. I really like this polish but I feel like it clashes with my skin. A while back I went through a gold phase collection every gold I could get my hands on. Then one day it hit me that gold was not my color. I'm still going to try to attempt to wear this one. I feel like if you have the confidence to pull off something anything will look good.


Kalista is a mohangany brown with gold shimmer. It has more of a red base rather than purple. I really like this polish more so than OPI Esspresso Your Style. EYS went very plummy on me and I just didn't like how it looked. I'm not sure if my new found love of brown is what makes me want to wear this or if it actually flatters me. Either way this is the winner of the collection for me.


Shivon is a rose gold color, looks duo-chromey to me. This color reminds me of pennies, but it is pretty. This one I got a lot of brush strokes with. I'm not a huge fan of it, I don't think it looks good on me, others might like it though.


Mieko is an orangey red, boarding more pink with gold sparkles. The sparkles in this polish are amazing and this picture doesn't do the color justice. This is my second favorite from the collection.


Zara is a pale violet with gold shimmer. Zoya calls this a duo chrome but I think it just has a gold sheen. This one is kinda sheer, this picture is 2 coats of color. A third coat might make it pop a little more but I like two coats. When I first saw the promo pictures of this collection I thought Zara was going to be a Sally Hansen Arabian Night dupe but it is nothing like AN.


Cyma is a deep pink red with gold shimmer. This color is the least unique to me, I feel like it has been done a million times. However a Zoya collection wouldn't be complete without one. Just like Essie and her sheer pinks.


I don't usually review cosmetics but these beauties followed Flourish home. Zoya Hot lips are pretty great. I've only worn Starlet so far, the gloss isn't overly sticky and the applicator is rounded making it easy to get the product out. It smells like those fire cracker ice pops, I think that is what they are called. It tastes nice too. Starlet is sheer but buildable which I like. I am not very big on wearing any type of color on my face, except blush. I was able to apply this gloss and only leave a light tint. It has glitter but it's not gritty and with the sheer coat I applied it wasn't visible. This can be a pro or con depending on what you like. Personally I'm not a huge glitter fan so I liked that I could wear it with out the glitter being an issue. The gloss also lasted for a decent amount of time which is great. You know what else is great? Matching your gloss to your polish. The three above match Richelle, Kalista, and Mieko almost perfectly.

Zoya nail lacquer and Zoya Hot Lips can be found at Zoya.com. The polishes retail for $6 each or you can purchase a sampler (which is full size polishes) for $36. Hot Lips retail for $6 each and come in a wide variety of colors.

3 comments:

Ms. Katee/e-polishblog said...

pretty swatches!!

Alex said...

Richelle will be mine, and also probably Beauty. I do love the matchy-matchy!

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I never tried Zoya until I read this post. I totally splurged and got the whole sample pack of Flourish. My order just came today, I already have on Kalista and it's stunning and the application was really, even and smooth. I hope it lasts all week, I have a party on Friday eve.