9.17.2008

Perfectly Polished Tips 45 - More White Manicures

Shortly after I made my post about the icy white manicures someone suggested we do a dare week on the MUA Nail Board. My dare was white and some one suggested China Glaze White Kwik Silvr specifically. It wouldn't have been fair of me to recycle the picture so I did the mani and took another. I did three manicures in total for dare week. The rules were you only had to wear it long enough to take a picture. Since I have two SpaRituals on their way to me and SOPI Metro Chic next to me I did my dares as quickly as possible!

I started out with a white out mani - Essie Below the Belt. Surprisingly enough I liked this on me. I never thought I could pull off a stark white mani but apparently I can.


Next I added 1 coat of China Glaze White Kwik Silvr over top. I think the China Glaze it prettier on her own, even if you have to do 3 coats.


For my last dar mani I chose Lippmann Rhapsody in White. I told you all I would come back to this once the blue stains were gone and I had better lighting. I also wanted to try out a tip I had read a while back on AllLacqueredup.com. Michelle's tip was to use a quick drying top coat as a base coat to help prevent or cut back on brush stroke marks. I used INM Out the Door and it didn't really help much. I'm going to have to try out the other quick dry top coats I have to see if it makes a difference.


Before this I had only used the Lippmann on my toes and I hated it but I really like it on my fingers. I think I'll be revisiting these white polishes sooner than I thought.

Don't forget to enter my give away! It's open for 1 week! Good Luck!

No comments: