8.21.2008

Perfectly Polished Tips 15 - OPI La Collection De France You Don't Know Jacques

To be completely honest I am not impressed with OPI's La Collection De France collection. I feel like the last few collections they have put out haven't been great. I purchased three polishes from this collection; You Don't Know Jacques, Louvre Me..Louvre Me Not, and Yes I Can-Can. Jacques is definitely the stand out one of the three. Swatches of the rest can be found on Scrangie's Beauty Blog if you are interested.

You Don't Know Jacques is a muddy grey, maybe taupe color with a creme finish. The first coat leaned a lot more towards a light brown on me and that is when I almost didn't finish the mani. The second coat was more like the bottle color. I was thrilled with the application, after OPI's India and Mod Brights I was worried about how it was going to go. My bottle applied like a dream, no clumps, no streaks, and best of all no wonky brushes. I am not a pro wide brush lover however I really didn't mind it since the formula consistency was so nice. The pictures below are 2 coats of YDKJ as well as a base coat and a top coat.


Direct Sunlight


Artificial Lighting.


I kinda like this color but I'm not sure how I like it on me. Sometimes it looks grey and other times slightly brown. I guess OPI might have worked out some of their formula kinks. It's about time!

No comments: