11.06.2008

Perfectly Polished Tips 91 - Election Day Nails & A Gift

For my election day nails I chose Icing After Midnight. It's a deep blackened navy blue with a ton of micro shimmer. You can't see it on the nail but you can see it in the bottle. It's like CND Blue Blood but not as sparkly. This was pretty much my first encounter with an Icing nail polish. I am impressed. The bottle and brush remind me a lot of China Glaze so no complaints there. The formula was great too, it took two coats to achieve the color in the bottle and there were no streaks. I used Color Club Vita base coat and INM Out the Door top coat for this. I got almost 5 days of wear out of it. This is pretty much unheard of from me but I haven't been doing my nails as often. The picture below is from tonight and as you can see I have minimal tip wear and no chips.


This year I participated in a Halloween gift exchange with some of the ladies from Make Up Alley. Jenn aka SpeakerPunk was my Ghoul and she sent me an amazing package.


OPI Designer Series Shimmer - silver holographic.


OPI Designer Series Sapphire - this photo does not do the color justice. It's a muted periwinkle almost in real life. It's already a favorite.


A SpeakerPunk orignal franken that I swear is a duochrome/holo. It has a green flash in the bottle but not on the nail.


OPI Ink - this color is amazing, I have no idea why I swapped it when I owned it before. It's full of sparkley goodness and leans more towards purple on me than blue. Again the photo doesn't capture it well at all.

And last but not least, one of the biggest lemmings I've had since joining the MUA nail board:


China Glaze Denim & Diamonds. If you click the picture you will see it's gloriousness. I almost didn't want to swatch it because I didn't want to waste it. It's a beautiful blue with silver and blue glitter. I never thought in a million years that I would have this polish.


Please excuse the state of my nails/cuticles. I relapsed (again!) and bit my nails all off, way too far down. I wasn't left with much to file either. I tried to make the best of it!

No comments: