11.01.2008

Perfectly Polished Tips 89 - My Not So Glamorous Private Jet

OPI has a collection of polishes named the Designer Series. These polishes are either glitter filled or holographic. Designer Series or DS (for short) Glamour is one of my favorite polishes. First it's blue and secondly it has a holographic finish. I only have three DS polishes but so far I haven't had an issuse with them. The apply smoothly and evenly and I do get good wear of out them. They don't dry as quickly as China Glaze's OMG collection but the formula beats out China Glaze's.

This swatch is two coats of Glamour with no base or top coat.



My Private Jet was apart of the Night Brights collection which I believe was released in early 2007. This swatch is two coats of MPJ over 1 coat of Zoya Purity (white creme). I personally had such a hard time with this polish. Intially I did 4 coats over my bare nail, I had streaks and barely any color. It takes on more of a grey look rather than black. I just felt like it wasn't pretty enough to warrant struggling to apply it. Currently there are two versions of this polish. The newer version which seems to be popping up in stores is not holographic, it's just sparkly. I believe Stephanie at the Polish Addict did a comparison of the two. I kinda want the newer version because from pictures I like it better than the orginal.

I hope everyone had a great Halloween! My Halloween mani was a big FAIL. I tried to do OPI Ghostess with the Mostess and paint a ghost face on my index fingers and they just looked like blobs. I ended up wearing a very bubbled grey creme franken. That was why there were no pictures from me yesterday.

I believe Glamour is still available, honestly I don't know much about the DS line. The etailers that I have listed on my side bar might have it. As for the holographic version of My Private Jet you can try transdesign.com but I think it's going to be hit or miss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm wearing holo MPJ now. I applied a black creme first, then 2 coats of MPJ. It looks great, but definitely has a gray cast to it, not a pure black.

Ms. Katee/e-polishblog said...

I love glamour.